From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:47:55 -0400

I left a voicemail on doc phone saying that my celiac Listserv friends all take a travel letter. Secty called back. Doc is writing one for diabetes and celiac.  No charge. No visit.

As far as taking big original bottles, i tried calling Holland America about the pill bottles and they told me to call the consulates and ask for a waiver which sounded like overkill.

I called Medco and local pharmacy. Medco had no smaller bottles, but if I got all new scripts (!) or transferred all my meds to the local CVS, and paid $$$ copay for thirty day supply, and then did everything all over again to get my meds back on a 90 day (single copay) to Medco, the local CVS could give me small bottles. Translates to over $200 extra and a lot of work, some of which is already problematic.

So, the bottom line is I am taking all the big bottles and asthma stuff and putting them in one tote bag, as someone suggested, with my gf food. (I am also putting some gf food in checked luggage.)

I will print out medco's list of my scripts  or take the script inserts that come with them, and take the travel letters.

I know people who don't bring original bottles, even the doc's secty, but HAL said Italy, Greece and turkey have tightened up customs to keep out drugs. Better safe than having someone keep my meds. . For shore excursions, I will risk a small bottle of a few mixes pills. HAL didn't think customs for shore excursions is as tight.

I will risk mixing my vitamins  and calcium supplements together, maybe in two bottles.

Thank you to all of you.  This is actually a compilation of recommendations from the list.

Sent from my iPhone