From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:05:18 -0700
On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:30:00 -0700, Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> 1.  Cholesterol:  233 total; HDL 79  Triglicerides  67;  LDL  141
This is a non-issue.  Your HDL is high.  Your triglycerides are low.
Your coronary risk ratio is very low.  Just never mind the LDL.
It's probably light fluffy LDL anyway, with your other numbers, which is
not harmful at all.  It is the small dense LDL that is a problem.

thyroid: dunno.   not my department :-)

> 3.  Bone Density Scan is troubling:  since my last one in 2007, my
> lumbar spine had a6.1% decrease in bone mass, whch is significant.  I'm
> wondering if I'm eating too much meat.
Meat consumption actually builds up bone, unlike Conventional Wisdom
says.  Surveys of the elderly found the highest quartile in meat
consumption were also the highest quartile in bone density.

> Any help from MD's or self proclaimed do it yourselfers  out there who
> accept the Paleo way of thinking.......I started taking Jarrow's "Bone
> Up" and have increased my seaweed consumption to include Maine Dulse,
> about 1/3 cup to provide iodine.  I've been eating paleo 8 years.
Make sure you get enough Magnesium, and trace element boron.  And
low-dose Vit K2 to get the calcium into the bone instead of into the
blood vessels etc.  (Though if you are taking coumadin, hold off on the
K2).  Make sure you are getting enough D3.  Have your D3 tested.
You want your level to be at least 40, and higher is fine.  30 or under is
low.
Low D status also weakens bones.

> I  am going to try to include more  yoga to compress the thyroid (head
> stands), and of course, being a cavegirl, walk the woods.  Do I have to
> start pounding on a treadmill and wearing one of those polyester gym
> outfits?
Heaven forfend!
But weight training can definitely help.

If you are a worrier, the stress from that can cause problems with
bones, cholesterol, etc. Try to find a way to let it all go.  Yoga
and meditation can help.

Don't start down that slippery path of prescriptions for this and that,
and more prescriptions for the side effects of the original
prescriptions....
and ESPECIALLY don't start on a statin.  It would be medical malpractice
to prescribe a statin for you, but that doesn't mean your doc won't try.

	Lynnet