ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 19:56:36 -0600
Hey Phil, how have you been?

I'll give you an update on myself, but first I have a question.  I
remember you used to have a duplicating business of audiotapes for
churches and such.  I was talking dreams with a friend, delores, and
thought of an idea for making some money, or even volunteering, to go
to places where I can record such things as conferences, and of
course make copies for those who want them.  Just wondering what you
think?  I enjoy traveling, so it might be a good thing either way if
they pay expenses.

What I've been doing with her is working on a CD project in which she
reads some of her inspired poetry and I put my music with it.  I'm
using Sonar now, and got a microphone, which she used today for the
first time.  I have a lot to learn about working with audio tracks
and files.    She's also working on a book with more of her poetry.

She had started a women's groupin her home.  We have a nice lunch,
then I play my QChord, then we talk and pray for each other.  We
often get carried away on other topics, but one of the agendas God
has inspired her to lead is a New Beginning Covenant to improve
ourselves, with God's help of course.  We are putting a notebook or
more of articles with scripture passages that talk about these
things.  She thought she was supposed to write a complete book for
weight loss by herself, but He seems to be saying, "We'll walk
through this together."  It all starts at the beginning, in the
garden, when eve ate the bad fruit.  Among the areas we need to work
on include quitting smoking and needing to lose weight.  We sign that
covenant and the others sign as witnesses.  This is kind of like a
support group, but it's open to anyone in any kind of need.  We also
have birthday parties and would like to do fun things too.

She and I would also like to go to nursing homes to play and read
poetry.  We did our first this past Christmas.

She and two other girls I live with have gone to a small Assemblies
church, and so far it's been my favorite.  But I'm wondering if God
is calling me to go volunteer at a big Nazarene church where they
have a class for people with developmental disabilities.  You can
pray with me for wisdom, but I personally would rather continue with
the smaller one.  They are so spontaneous, the pastor's wife could
ask me to play for the offering just that morning.  I enjoy playing
my QChord during worship, and I don't go to practice with a worship
team and didn't have to get approval from a board.

My dad now has to be on oxygen 24-7.  He's getting more forgetful,
and has admitted that he doesn't think it's safe to drive to town
anymore, but just to church maybe 10-15 minutes from home.

Our family have discussions via email to keep tabs on our
parents.  Mom's memory might be fading too, and it's difficult for
her to do some things, largely because of a bad back, and some things
stress her out.  Sister Judy has gotten Mondays off, so now every
other one she and I go down to visit and help.  Fortunately my oldest brother
lives close by and often checks on them.  When he and my
sister-in-law go on trips, we'll try to cover.

I still go to affinity with the other two girls, but in a way I wish
I could be doing something else.  I would still want to leave the
house to give our care providers a break though.  There isn't very
much affordable public transportation.

I can see myself making more spiritual/emotional/mental
improvement.  I'm learning to hope that, no matter what, I'll be
okay.  I've been feeling up and down lately, so I'd appreciate your
prayers.  Thank you.  I'm trying a fourth medication to see if I'll
do better.  I hope so.

Well, I think I'll go for now.  Any questions, just ask.

God bless,

Sharon