From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:23:22 -0500
    I too took the 20 WPM code test for the older Extra class license with
the good old Perkins Braille writer.  Like Howard, I read everything back to
the examiners as copied for the one minute of solid copy, and got all 10
exam questions right as well.  I just wanted to know if I could do it both
ways, which I did.

Ran out of my first Braille page in the middle of the exam, though, which
resulted in an interesting scramble.  The examiners stopped the tape while I
put the second sheet in my Brailler, after which time the exam immediately
resumed.

Quite an experience for sure!

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ