From:
Kris Hickerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 20:14:10 -0500
Hi All,

It is my plan to be there for the 40 meter net tomorrow afternoon.

Great news!  The Steppir has arrived and we plan to begin laying radials
this Tuesday.  We won't get it all done on Tuesday and I don't know exactly
when we will actually get the Steppir up and on the air, but at least we are
going to get started.  A lot of it will depend on several things.

First of all, weather.  They are calling for some rain next week.  Secondly,
my friend and neighbor John, w9kxq, is in the process of putting up a 55
foot tower with a 3 element Steppir beam.  His concrete is almost cured now
and as soon as they can he needs to get the tower and beam up before bad
weather.

We can work on mine if we just get a good day or two here and there, but
John's is a little larger project and they won't get that accomplished in
just one weekend.  So, we'll be working on John's whenever he can get the
help and good weather, and when we're not working on his, we'll be working
on mine.  We should have both of us on the air before things get really bad
around here--I hope.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

73

Kris