From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2011 05:42:40 -0800
I just stick thack of the power cord connector.  Almost takes three
hands, but with a little wiggling you can make contact.  I just checked
mine and don't really notice any more drop off than before, somewhat
more than the 2000, but has always been that way.  I haven't taken it
down to the basement to put on the service monitor, but I did hook up
the 2000 and compare readings.  Bottom line is, the tw1 is terribly
inaccurate.  It is a good relative indicator and that is it ffolks.
I've compared it before with the 2000 and this radio and then both
radios on the ifr service monitor and as you go up in frequency, the tw1
xdrops off a lot.  Example, I show 80 watts or so on ten with the 2000
and 70 or so with the 590 on the tw1, and I show a hundred with the
Kenwood 2000 on the ifr.  Hope all that makes sense, but don't trust the
tw1 for accurate measurements.
73
Butch
WA0VJR