From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:04:20 -0500
Well, you've got to pick your poison sometimes.  I did the needed work
several years ago and have enjoyed the results ever since.  The other
options would be to wait for someone to make it screen reader accessible
(I'd still be waiting), or to become a software geek and do it myself.
   The option I chose was the best for me.

73, Steve KW3A

On 11/29/2011 6:47 AM, Gerry Leary wrote:
> Just make it screen reader friendly and then it won't be so much work.

>>> Crosshill
>>> Glasgow
>>> G42 8DR
>>> Tel: 0141 423 2683 - Mobile: 07771 610002
>>> Web: www.describe-online.com
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message -----=20

>>> letter(s) in front of it. For double multiplier stations (Green color) =
>>> there
>>> will be "DM", for multiplier stations (Red) - "M", for non multiplier
>>> stations (Blue) - "Q", for dupes (Gray) - "D" and non-workable stations
>>> (Gray) - "N". In the Available window you will only see "DM" and "M"
>>> letters. Blue colored callsigns will have no additional letter there. In
>>> =
>>> the
>>> Entry window the same letters will appear to the right of the frame with
>>> =
>>> the
>>> callsign and exchange in the label which is normally only used for Dupe =
>>> and
>>> Split indicators.
>>>
>>> 2. To enable assistance for blind operators go to Config, Configure
>>> Ports..., Other and select "Enable playing wav files for blind operator"
>>> check box. Then go to Audio tab and make sure that "Select Radio1 Output
>>> Device" has proper Sound Card output selected there (the one that will =
>>> be
>>> used for announcements). When this feature is enabled in S&P mode every =
>>> time
>>> callsign is entered into the Entry window field and space is hit the
>>> computer will play one of the wav files: Dupe.wav, DoubleMult.wav, =
>>> Mult.wav,
>>> NotWorkable.wav depending of the color of the callsign in the Entry =