From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:58:59 -0500
Hi,

I could have fix my steppIR a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find my chip
puller.  So I ordered one from China and it took forever to get here.  But I
pulled the bad driver chip yesterday and replaced it with the extra driver
chip that's meant for the fourth element which is not present on my antenna,
and evrything started working after I exacuted the calibrate routine.

The chip puller only cost me $1.99 including shipping, but it took forever
to get here.

I don't know what caused the driven elements driver chip to go, but if it
goes again, I might have to replace the driven element motor.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]