From:
David Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2011 15:33:51 -0400
Hi, Steve.
	I've been having fun with the CQWW DX contest. Yes, I've heard two
Zambian stations so far. With my ground-mounted vertical and less than 100
wats, I'm no match for some of the big guys, but I've worked lots of
Europeans and some South Americans.
	I'd be curious to see how my audio is doing, so I may drop in on the
40-mtr net today for some audio checks. I usually don't like to use much
speech compression, but it might be interesting to see if I can bring it up
a little, without splattering or creating an ugly signal.

Dave