From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:30:22 -0400
I used to run the Heath kit SB200 before I had to sell it for grocery money
about a year ago. I couldn't complain about it, I don't think running it
where I live now would have been too smart either but when I could/did run
it at my previous QTH, I ran it for NTS nets daily and used my TW-1 to tune
it, once I knew the tuning points though I marked them for the bands I
frequented and verified it with the TW-1 usually but didn't need to, it fell
right in to line the same place every time and did a great job for me. If
I'll ever have an amp again remains to be seen but probably another of those
would be my first choice with an amaratron AL-811H as second choice, reason
in that order is the price. I had an amaritron AL-811H for a while too and
liked it but had an RFI issue with a  neighbor's phone at a tough time in my
family's lives so when I got the complaint, I got frustrated and sold it, in
the middle of taking it out of line I found a bad connector so when I got
the SB200 I made all new cables, ran more power and it worked fine with no
complaints so it was obviously something stupid from day one. At least my
prospects for getting on the air soon took a big lift over the weekend.
We'll see how things go I'm not counting on anything but there's a very good
prospect out there for us.