From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 20:31:30 -0400
    Pat:

I believe my answer to your question, if I understand it correctly is "yes".

My understanding of these antennas is that there is a main radiating element
that is connected to a coil that is wound for the particular band in
question.  In my case, one antenna is for 80 and the other is for 160.

On the other end of that coil is a counterpoise wire that is then connected
to ground.

The ground, supposedly, is the all-important thing that makes the antenna
actually work.

This was all new to me last week-end, too.

The guy I bought the antennas from is w8amz, from Muskegon, Michigan.

His web site is:

www.w8amz.com

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ