From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2011 20:31:05 -0400
    Steve:

Great job on the P A Q P!  It sounds like you may be in line for this year's
Beacon award, if they are doing that again.  You beat me by far, but I knew
it was going to be that way because I was limited to one antenna, namely the
DXCC.  Actually, the DXCC did tune up a little better last night on 80 than
I expected, but I could tell that it was not very efficient.

I will write to you off list about the specifics, but I made a total of 206
contacts.  And, now, here's the heart-breaker:  I worked 65 out of the 67
counties!  I just could not find those two missing counties anywhere.  They
were Indiana and Lebanon counties.

Anyway, I'll write to you more off list, when I get the chance to work with
my log, but it was a fun week-end indeed.

P.S.  A friend came over this afternoon, and we believe we found the problem
with my Carolina Windom 160 compact.  It is a hair-line crack in the seme of
the matching unit coil at the feed point.  We got the water out again, and
sealed up the seam with liquid coax seal.  SWR's look good, but it will take
a rainy week again to determine whether the seal will hold.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ