From:
"T. Joseph Carter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2011 14:23:35 -0700
I found that you CAN plug a standard lead into the socket, but if you
do so it starts chattering away and you can't shut it up.

That's no good, so I do intend at some point to actually make proper
replacement leads for the thing.  I know what to use for a connector,
I just need to figure out what size.  I think 4mm O.D., and possibly
2.1mm I.D., but I'm not sure yet.

Joseph - KF7QZC