From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 08:46:34 -0400
There are only 2 PF keys. "A" is upper left corner next to the power
switch, and "B" which is just above the key pad.   Just to the left of
the "B" key is the drv/meter key.   It is probably more convenient to
set " "B" to read swr and use the drv/meter key  next to it to switch
meter functions that you will read with the "B" key.

You can always hit the mode key or menu key twice  which will give you
freq readout and return you to  your original state.

If you are  good at soldering, you can make a box with 4 push buttons
that goes between mic and rig.   You can use your existing mic, and also
define the  additional  push buttons that the radio's menus will
recognize.   I think the box has resistors in it between push buttons
and  various wires in the mic line.

Colin from this list built one for the TS-2000 a few years ago and
posted the info here.   The 590 and 2000 use the same 8 pin round mic
jack, so it should work on the 590 as well.

73, Steve KW3A