From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 2011 22:45:07 -0400
Hi, all.

For some strange reason, I wound up with a few minutes of extra time
tonight, and was just listening around on the bands.

Actually, I started on 7.185, and was intrigued by the O M I SS 40-meter
single-side-band net.  I gather that O M I S S stands for something like Old
Men's International Sideband Society--not the most flattering title, but
that's ok, I guess  (grin).

I listened to people wracking up contacts for a while, and became intrigued
by the awards system that they had.

It sounds like you can get all kinds of awards for different numbers and
combinations of contacts.

One of our former club membrers who has since moved to Nebraska talked to me
a little about it when he was visiting us on his way through Michigan this
past summer.

I really don't think I'd ever have the time to get serious about pursuing
all of the O M I S S awards, but was wondering if anyone on the list ever
got into the group and pursued any of their awards.  How did you as a blind
ham get started, keep a log of your contacts, document those contacts for
those who give out the awards, etc.?

As our friend Steve (KW3A) would say:  "A curious mind needs to know.".
(smile)

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ