From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:25:05 -0400
Don't know if you are going new or used.  The 2000 has been out just
over 10 years and the 590  just  under 1 year, so there are a lot more
2000's floating around on the used market.

I find the noise reduction (NR) on the 590 a lot more useful than the NR
on the 2000.   While both  have 100 watts on HF and 6 meters, the 2000
adds all mode 2 meter and 440 mhz(100 watts 2 meters, 50 watts 440), and
optional 1.2ghz.
Both the 480 and 590 use the newer voice chip, so they speak more than
the 2000, but the 2000 is still very usable.  The 480 has slots for 2
optional filters, while the 2000 and 590 don't need any.

Guess your choice will depend on what your plans are in the hobby, good
luck,

Steve KW3A