From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:50:21 -0400
    Butch:

The RV is metal, hence the probable need for a conductive mast.

This is what I originally tried to do with a piece of pipe that got the
entire antenna above the roof line.

My problem, then, was that that pipe seemed to become part of the antenna,
and I was unable to tune the thing on 10, 15, or 17 meters, no matter what I
tried.

This is why I'm now leaning toward some sort of a telescopic mast that I can
maybe raise or lower to get the right conbination of elements for proper
tuning on the bands I want to operate.

Kind of tricky for sure.

This will be a long-term project that I will work on as I can in the coming
months, so I may be tapping into people's wisdom here from time to time as I
proceed.

I am getting the impression, though, that a conductive mast continues to be
the best way to go, given that my RV is metal.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ