ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doris and Chris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 12:13:24 -0400
Dear Miss Pat,
this is great that you are getting your audio Bibles! and what a
wonderful gift from your hubby! I am sure you will share it with him.
*smile* Chris and I love listening to an audio BBible together and we
share your interst in different translations. I am not much of an
audio book person in general, preferring etext over audio most of the
time. However, the advantage with audio books is that you can listen
while doing other stuff. in my case, I also find that an audio BBible
makes me focus on god's word more as it does not have the tempation
of getting lost in footnotes or commentaries. <g>

That is so kind of you to swhat to share the NRSV drama with us! I am
looking forward to that very much. the NRS was the translation used
by the church I accepted the Lord in and it remains the translation I
am most familiar with to this day.

Additionally, the NRS is the trnaslation that is most widely used
academically by now and it is used across denominations also. it is
too bad that audio versions usually do not contain the
deuterocaanonical books or we could share with Catholic believers also.

thanks for sharing your joy and your blessings! we pray you will be
amply blessed by these wonderful gifts.

Love in christ,

doris