From:
Victoria Zunitch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victoria Zunitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2012 12:55:20 -0400

The responses to my post about having discovered that most of my
migraines seem to be caused by the lack of protein in my body due to
celiac disease were refreshing and informative because almost everyone
questioned whether or not I had it "right."
I loved receiving those responses because it reminds me that after
being diagnosed with a seriously sneaky disease that probably went
undetected in me for at least 15 years and in others for perhaps a
half-dozen decades or more, I should remain vigilant about this and
other health considerations.
It feels as though that is what was behind people trying to tell me to
try their diet, or that a lack of protein could not possibly cause
migraines, and it actually makes me happy to think of all those people
out there "keeping their own minds in their own heads," as my
grandparents used to say. No more "reassurance visits" with doctors
for us!
I received recommendations to pursue this further, including several
recommendations for the Rosedale Diet (hope I have the name right),
eliminate all grains, eliminate soy, eat only raw, going lactose-free,
going carbohydrate-free and going high-protein however I do it.
For the moment, when I feel a migraine coming on, I eat some low-fat
cottage cheese or a protein bar and follow that with a high-protein
meal, and this seems to be working. I've gone for as many as 17 days
without a migraine, and then only get one if I try to run on 4 hours
or less of sleep and/or have more than 1 alcoholic drink on less than
a full night's sleep.
However -- I will remain suspicious in honor of the good intentions in
al those emails!