VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2011 22:06:18 -0700
Despite what it could do to the suppliers of screen-reading software, I like what Microsoft is doing here. It shouldn't cost blind people more than the cost of the computer to gain screen-reading access. About the only complaint I have thus far (I haven't heard the entire podcast yet) is that you cannot install Windows 8 from scratch with the new version of Narrator. Presumably, this also means that blind people still cannot do diagnostic boot-ups without the assistance of sighted folk.

Ted
---- Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Listen to what MS has done to Narrator in Windows 8. a full blown screen reader like Apple's Voice Over.

http://mark.candleshoreblog.com/2011/09/23/ep100-a-demonstration-of-windows-8-developer-preview-accessibility/

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]