From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:57:01 -0400
Tom,

You want a low SWR at the rig.  If you install a tuner with an amp, the
tuner needs to go between the output of the amp and the antenna.  One piece
of equipment that I use all of the time is a Vectronics 512 noise bridge.
This bridge will null out a pulsating noise at 50 ohms and I prefer using
the noise bridge to tuning with a carrier.  I hook the noise bridge between
my transceiver and my amp as the Vectronics will only take 300 watts through
it.  By using the noise bridge, I have a longer time to play with the tuning
controls to get the absolute best swr before I apply power.

Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]
Skype, bobtinn
We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way
through Congress!