From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:32:20 -0600
how large is your boat?
If your looking at a "ship board" repeater, it's expensive, and is generally
used on large container or tanker ship/cruise ships for communication over
say a 1000 or 1500 foot long ship.
I'm not really sure what you are after, but connecting radio gear into the
cellular network is a real long shot, and would also be highly expensive to
do.
The GPS stuff is probably availible off the shelf at typical marine
electronics supply places.
Your really asking the wrong group for all of this stuff as most of what you
are looking for isn't ham radio related.
You can legally run a modified amateur radio on marine frequencies as long
as you are licensed to operate on both bands in the jurisdiction you are
operating in.
Also, you really didn't mention what part of the world you are in, or any
other pretty important information regarding the context for the gear you
want.

73
Colin, V A6BS