From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2011 12:10:47 -0500
I am sure that many of you listened to Bill, W8VYZ, and his rock
crushing AM signal, just like I did. In my case, I heard him as far
back as 1966.

The first time I heard him, he was on 10 meters, talking with a
station in Argentina, using a mixture of English and Spanish.

Later, I couldn't believe the strength of the signal he generated on
20 and 40 meters into my window screen receiving antenna.

The last time I heard him, which must have been about a year ago, he
sounded so feeble that it really hurt to listen to him.

I worked him twice, one time on 20, and one time on 15 meters, but
heard him everywhere, including 6 meters.