From:
"T. Joseph Carter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2011 15:42:13 -0700
Ahh but you see, the Gmail remembers "All Mail" unless you delete it
and empty the trash.  Messages are archived, not deleted, otherwise.
Just because you don't sync "All Mail" doesn't mean it's not there.

The only safe way to get that stuff out of Gmail's hands is to know
what's there and move it somewhere else.  I've avoided the archiving
problem, but all of my current mail still lives on Google.  Doing
something about that requires I move it somewhere else and then empty
the All Mail folder.

It's in the works.

Joseph - KF7QZC