From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2011 21:32:53 -0400
Tom,

No offense taken.  Actually, I think what you're hearing has little to do
with HD as that mode of broadcasting has struggled to get off the ground.
It's been poorly promoted and, as you say, is not even available in many
areas, including mine.  of course, you and I live in rural areas, so that's
not really surprising but even in the cities, where HD is plentiful, it's
not doing nearly as well as the industry had hoped.  It's partly because the
programmers are the same folks who are programming the main channels, and,
perhaps mostly because there are too many other choices for people.  to go
with instead.

As for OGL, last time I checked, there ratings were quite good.  I think
what you're experiencing is that radio constantly adjusts to reach mainly
younger folks.  As we get older, it becomes less relevant to us.  And before
anyone starts flaming me, I know all about the borring corporate programming
that folks have complained about on here before.  I'm not about to get
caught up in that debate.  I have to live it every day.  73,  Lou