From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:18:06 -0500
Hi, folks.

Well, I believe I successfully installed WhiteStick log on my Windows 7
laptop.

I didn't think it would work, but the program seems to be there. It seems to
function well, and is extremely Jaws friendly.

So, thanks to Howard number 3 for posting the link.

I do have one question, though.

Where do you find the Cat Rig Control set-up in the software?

It is clear from the text below in the Instructions folder that you can
configure the software to work with your rig, but I can't find where to go
to configure things.

Here are the instructions.  Can anyone help?:

CAT RIG CONTROL.
CAT rig control will be provided if you change the extension of one of the
.RI files
provided to .RIG
It is important that only one of these files has the extension .RIG
When you change frequency or mode on the rig WSLog will update the computer.
FT990 users must have revision one point three firmware or higher to
function correctly.
You may amend line one in the rig file; the first number is the COM port,
followed by the baud rate, parity (N), number of data bits and number of
stop bits.
Alter these if they are not the rig defaults.
The com port number must be followed by a colon.
A general purpose ICOM rig file is provided, users will need to change the
digits
marked xx to the address of the rig as supplied in the rig manual. These
values
are hexadecimal, only use the two digits, ignore the H.
A KENWOOD file provides for all Kenwood rigs.
Users of Yaesu FT817, FT847, FT857 and FT897 should use the FT8x7 file.
Users of Yaesu FT450, FT950, FT2000 and FTDX9000 should use the YAESU1 file.
CAT control is also provided for the TEN-TEC Pegasus rig.
The RIG file for that contains one line for the drive and path of the
Pegasus software.
This is typically C:\PEGASUS\ and the last character MUST be a back slash.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ