From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:17:22 -0500
    Mike:

The radiating element for My sloper was about 72 feet right out of the box,
and we shortened it to about 63 or 64 feet.  We shortened it by folding the
wire back on itself, so nothing has been cut yet.

Using the meter in my TS590, the thing tunes throughout the band, with a 3.0
to 1 SWR at the very bottom of the band, a dip to about 2 to 1 around 18.300
or 18.400, and an SWR of about 5 to 1 at the very top of the band.

I still think I could do better, but am not quite sure how to proceed at
this point.

The antenna is made by a guy about an hour from me, and his web site is:

www.w8amz.com

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ