From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:09:51 -0500
    Not yet. ... He has had some recent medical problems that have prevented
that from happening.

Did have my first QSO on 160 last night though.  It was at the bottom of the
band on 18.30 MHZ with W8JI from Georgia.

He gave me a 599, and said I had a great CW signal, so I think I'm making
progress.

The SWR's at the top of 160 are still around 10.1 to 1, but oddly enough,
the auto tuner in the TS590 tunes the antenna, even at the top of the band.
Why, I'm not sure.

My lowest SWR reading is about 2 to 1 around 18.30 MHZ.  I am still not
quite sure where the point of resonance is, but I would think it's in there
somewhere.  I may put the analyzer on the antenna again, although as we have
discussed before, it seems pretty much useless on 160 meters because of the
nearby local A M broadcast station.

So, in summary, the bottom line is that the 160 meter sloper now tunes
throughout the band with the TS590, and I'm at least making some contacts.

I think there is some tweaking to do, and I won't feel totally comfortable
until I find out exactly where the antenna is truly resonating, and whether
my measured SWR readings are really accurate.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ