From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 20:21:50 -0800
ok tom, with the antenna i described you will need about 750 pico
farads of series capacity.  that can be part fixed and part
variable.  and you can get fancfy and add a motor a small d.c. 12
volt job and you need to insulate the motor from the capacitor
shaft.  then you can qsy and just retune the antenna for the new
freq.  i do exactly that here and it works great.  take care, c u 73 mike