From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 07:50:10 -0500
    Mike:

The shield of the coax is connected to a counterpoise, and the sloper is
grounded to my galvanized steel mast via a ground wire and a ground rod.

Based on what you say, then, I will not worry about the extra coax, at least
for now.

This is all a major learning experience for me, and I appreciate everyone's
patience.

I am replying to a number of posts privately here, but I will post replies
to the list if I think they might help others, and also because I want folks
to know that I am listening.

Thanks again, Mike, and all.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ