From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:49:25 -0330
Hi all:

Just enquired about the max output of aHeath SB-200 HF amp  in my area that I got my eye on and the owner indicated to me that the output on 20M was 500W, no mentioning of either SSB or CW.
Output is lower on other bands, no #s given. He's not sure how old the tubes are.
I was wondering if I purchase, should I perhaps buy a fresh pair of Taylors from RF parts?
I'm thinking the output should be higher than that, if its SSB, considering the Yaesu FL-2100 series can do about 800W with a pare of 572Bs.
I'm thinking I should offer maybe 50 off his asking price, spend about 200 in it and get a nice little desktop amp out of it.

73:

Michael DE VO1RYN

P S

Yaesu FT-450 is up for sale, anyone interested can email me off list.