From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:01:12 -0400
    Barb:

We first used all of the coax sealant they provided with the antenna,
according to the instructions, and had no luck.  Tthen we went to the Radio
Shack brand of coax seal because that's all I could find around here, and
put several layers of electrical tape on top of that.  Still no luck.

Now, we have used a little coax sealant, plus some
heavy-duty-water-resistant PVC sealant tape, plus a layer or two of good
electrical tape on top of that.

Since the PVC sealant tape is used to seal PVC connections and stop them
from leaking, maybe that will do the trick and keep the water out.

It's just so hard to know.

Will see what happens with this arrangement.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ