From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 07:21:57 -0400
I met Bob Gunderson in 1963 and 1964 at summer youth programs sponsored by
the New York Institute.  A real character, and a smart, entrepenurial man.

By googling for "behind the mike" I found where these shows are available on
archive.org in MP3 format (for non-commercial use).  Then by changing the
search to "behind the mike" gunderson  I found a page which listed the
episodes and some of their contents.  He certainly sounded younger than what
I remember, and part of what he said was a dramatic re-creation by someone
else.  The interview seemed to be highly scripted, and he may have been
reading some of his comments from braille notes.

I had CW skeds with Rick Joy for several months in the early 80's.  I don't
remember his callsign, and don't know what happened to him later.

Bob Gunderson, W2JIO, died unexpectedly in 1987 of complications from heart
surgery.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls