From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:23:51 -0700
hello fred, the triple-talk usb is a standard speech synthesizer made
to work with screen readers or anything that is outputing standard
ascii data.  with the necessary mods it could be used with a radio
that has a cat port.  i have done that exact thing myself, but it
required different firmware in the synth and also had to add several
switches and connect to unused i/o pins on the processor.  not a easy
job unless you have a good friend that can do that kind of work.  the
k3 stand-alone is a synth designed for the k3 but there again a
person could rewrite the firmware and make it work on another
radio.  hope this helps you fred, take care, c u 73 mike w6quv