From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2011 15:06:03 -0400
Jumpers will do it every time if they go bad. To find out what port it is,
with it hooked up and radio on so it's seeing it, with windows 7, junk that
it is, go to the start menu, type device manager in the search box and hit
enter, when it comes up to device manager, to go ports com and LPT, once you
open that it should tell you which port that radio's on. It can be changed
from there too, let me know if you need help I need to go through it to
remember since I gave up on windows 7 on my radio desk computer and now have
a computer I put together with windows 2000 on it right now, may go to XP
but anyway, windows 7 is nothing but a headache for me so I went to the
workshop and threw something together I can actually use, with real serial
ports if you can believe that.