Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2011 13:20:32 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, all.

I have a G E Super II. AM/FM radio here on which the "on off" switch has
finally stopped functioning.

I took the back off the radio, and the switch is still connected to the
leads, but it appears that the switch itself is broken.

The switch  has been very flaky of late, and finally became unusable today.

As we all know, the G E Super II. is about the best low-cost A M FM portable
radio out there, and I sure hate to put this one to rest.  I have had it
since about 1987, and the only servicing I ever had done on it is
replacement of the tuning cord.  I will have someone do a visual on the
switch for me to see if it can somehow be salvaged or replaced, but I doubt
it.

Does anyone know where I might find another used G E Super II. radio?

I'd certainly be willing to pay a fair price for one.

I suppose I could try ebay, but I have found that dealing through them,
especially when it comes to used electronic gear, is a bit risky at times.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ