From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2012 07:46:03 -0400

I bought Sugat brand quinoa for Passover last week, and then saw the post about some quinoa being dried under barley.  So I emailed Sugat.  They replied with this list.  For anyone out there who observes Passover (which I do), there response conflicts with the rule of thumb that a kosher for Passover product is gluten-free, if there is no matzah product on the label.  I also am not comfortable with 100ppm.  I'm done with Sugat products....which are commonly found in ethnic kosher sections. Lin

Subject: List of Sugat's Gluten-free products

Analyzing products for the presence of gluten does not constitute part of Sugat's daily tests and check-ups on its products and hence the absence of "Gluten-Free" specification on the packaging.

However, Sugat keeps very high standards of cleanness and packaging procedures and uses equipment that is specifically destined to the packaging of each and every product. In its natural state, rice barely contains any gluten and indeed, the amount of gluten found in Sugat's annual rice test is found to fall below 100 PPM. For this reason we are forwarding the following list of products that were found safe for the consumption of celiac patients:

·      White sugar- 1 Kilogram

·      White sugar – 1 Kilogram in a jar

·      Classic Golden Sugar- in a jar

·      Demerara Sugar – in a jar

·      Dark Brown Sugar- in a jar

·      Kak-Dak Sugar - 1 Kilogram

·      Persian rice- 1 Kilogram

·      Persian Rice- 1 Kilogram- in a jar

·      Classic Jasmine Rice - 1 Kilogram

·      Classic Jasmine Rice - 4 Kilograms- in a jar

·      Basmati Rice- 1 Kilogram

·      Basmati rice- 1 Kilogram- in a jar

·      Basmati Rice- 4 Kilograms- in a jar

·      Red Rice- 1 kilogram

·      Parboiled Rice-1 kilogram

·      Indian Rice- 1 kilogram

·      Risotto Arborio Rice- 1 kilogram

·      Whole Round Rice - 1 kilogram

·      Whole Basmati Rice - 1 kilogram

·      Whole Long-grain Rice- 1 kilogram

·      Round Rice - 1 kilogram

·      Round Rice - 4 kilograms- in a jar

·      Classic Mixed Rice - 1 kilogram

·      Sushi Rice- 1 kilogram

·      Thai Rice -1 kilogram

·       Thai Rice -4 kilograms- in a jar

·      Vanilla Sugar

·      Baking Powder

·      Sugar powder

·      Cornflour 500 grams