From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:53:11 -0500

Dear List Friends,

I have a celiac friend who just had her 2nd colonoscopy because of
celiac & microscopic colitis.  The first time went fine.
This time she had really bad dizziness and neck pain after the procedure
and now a couple weeks later is still having problems. When my friend
woke up in pain she couldn't move for hours.  She had xrays that showed
some structural porblems in her neck.  Just this week, she went for a CT
Scan and her C6&C7 vertebrae are bulged, pressing on the nerve where
there had not been a problem before.  Someone told her that they change
your position on the table during the scope.  I assume she started on
her side like my daughter did at the beginning.
Can anybody explain to me what maneuvers they might put you through that
would twist or whiplash your neck doing a colonoscopy?  I believe she
was completely "out" rather than partially awake.  Or if there are any
videos or animations on the web about how this is done.  I have found
some general information, but not much detail.  Hoping to help my friend
deal with this.
Thanks
Paula in PA

*******