From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:52:02 -0000
I am not sure of the methods of tuning on that vertical, but it sounds as if
a capacitor may have blown.

On the more general scheme of things, I have used a number of verticals over
the years.
My preferred one is the R8 which has integral radials which behave as half
waves.  The implication of this is the ends are "hot" when transmitting.
The advantage is that it can function without additional radials and works
from 40 to 6 metres.

E purpose.
73

David
I haven't yet tried the BiggIR as mine was burnt to cinders just before I
managed to erect it, but friends give good reports of them - at the expense
of needing radials.  Some use the Butternut set for the