From:
"T. Joseph Carter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:42:24 -0700
I don't know if the ADC pins are accurate enough to make a meter
based on a microcontroller alone.  That said, I know there are some
very nice ADC chips out there that would integrate trivially with any
microcontroller, have fast conversions, and microvolt accuracies.

It could be done.  And perhaps it should be done.  There's nothing
very magical about the parts of either a VOM or a DMM.  The most
complex bit is usually the big gang switch that tends to be used
mostly as a cost-saving measure.

It could be done.

Joseph - KF7QZC