From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 06:22:22 -0400
    Kevin:

Believe me, the approach of going back to XP and configuring things the way
I used to have them crossed both my friend's and my mind many times last
night.

In fact, the irony is that I have a Windows XP PC right in my shack here,
which doubles as a home office.  I use that XP PC as my main work computer.
The problem is that the XP machine is on the other side of the room, too far
away from my ham operating desk to make the needed connections.  Plus,
there's no room for a monitor on my ham operating desk.

Nevertheless, the option is whirling around in the back of my mind if we
can't get the Windows 7 laptop to work.

I did manually re-enter what I think were my original menu settings into the
TS590, so I am basically up and running again, but the rig certainly isn't
quite where it was when I had things totally running on XP prior to the
demise of my old trusty XP laptop.

Will keep at it here for sure.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ