From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2011 14:08:54 -0700

Dear Listmates,

The most difficult part of making a pumpkin pie is the crust, and a number
of people buy frozen GF crusts. But there is a much lighter and arguably
easy alternative - cookies. Cookie crusts usually involve crushing the
cookies and using margarine to bind the crumbs together. Sometimes we avoid
those two steps and use Trader Joe's GF ginger snaps or Mi-Del's GF ginger
snaps or arrowroot cookies straight-away. Here is an approach that is very
low in fat - just the fat in the cookies and the thin film of margarine you
use to release the pie from the pie tin. Navigate to
http://bit.ly/GF_Bakeor if you have trouble the longer version of the
address is
http://home.comcast.net/~vhdolcourt/gfbaking/ . The pumpkin pie recipe is in
the desserts section, last entry in the "pies" sub-section.

As you can see, we're more a fan of fresh Japanese Pumpkin - Kabocha - than
canned pumpkin. We think the result is a lot richer.

Let us know what you think,

Vic-Sunnyvale, CA