From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2011 10:25:14 -0400
"Marilyn:
[...]
Do you have a better term to suggest than nontheist that does not carry any
of the misleading baggage of "atheist," a term which would describe those
who do not hold a belief in any theos/god(s) but don't necessarily view all
religion and spirituality as destructive and may even accept that there is
value to certain aspects and forms of religion or spirituality, a term which
you would apply to friends of yours that you might argue with yet respect? "

Phil:

You are asking me to come with up a politically-correct term then.  Which
was my point.

HOWEVER, I see though (google search) that an atheist is defined as a person
who disbelieves in the existence of a god. I was taking an older literal
meaning of the term.

I'm not sure what type of person a non-theist would be. Usually, people who
do not live under the belief of a god, are atheists?

Anyway....

Marilyn