From:
Susan Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:34:33 -0400

Thanks for all the wonderful responses regarding my question about good GF ibuprofen.  I also checked with a pharmacist from Walgreen's who has celiac disease himself.  He recommended regular or Advil gel caps, as well as the Walgreen's brand of ibuprofen (regular or dye free).

I decided to try Advil gelcaps again and was able to tolerate them this time.    I also took the Sam's Members Mark brand without any problems since we had it on hand.

I take Sams' club (Members Mark) ibuprofen. I am very sensitive as well and never had any problems with this brand

I have been using the Sam's Club brand of ibuprofen.  I called the number on the bottle while I was in the store because it didn't say it was gluten free, but they were able to confirm it for me

I am also extremely sensitive and I have never had a problem with Kirkland generic ibuprofen from Costco.

Walmart brand for my celiac son.  You will need to call the number on the back of the box to confirm GF status

Your doctor can give you an Rx for pharmaceutical ibuprofen. I

I use Motrin & Advil tablets but I never buy generic OTC products.

And a good reminder from another listmate:

Your best resource is www.glutenfreedrugs.com. There is an email address on the site, which lists many medications..over-the-counter and prescribed, which is the email for the pharmacist who oversees the list, and he will graciously provide this type of information.

Thanks again for all our help.

Susan Halter

"I need to put up with two or three caterpillars if I want to get to know the butterflies."
         The Little Prince