From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 23:35:56 -0600
Now this is one interesting thread.  I have/had very similiar problems with
an old Leading Edge 486 with 8meg of ram that was working fine with Win3.1
and when we installed win95, it worked for several days, then failed to
boot.  Eventually we got it to  boot, but once it got past the splash screen
it immediately displayed the safe to shutdown your computer screen.  At one
point, it would only make strange noises from somewhere within the box.

Perhaps it is not at all related to the hardware.

Mike Buraczewski