From:
Jan Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 05:45:42 -0600
I think Jose E. Dominguez' suggestion about using the mouse on the
left sounds good.  I've been using my mouse on the left side (even
though I'm right-handed) for a couple of weeks.  It makes it at least
6 inches closer to my hand, because of the cursor keys and numeric
keypad on the right.  Also, when entering numbers it makes it easy to
move the mouse with the left hand while using the right for the
numeric keypad.

It took a surprisingly short time to get used to ... maybe three
days.  It's also nice because I teach computers, and now if a student
is left-handed and has moved the mouse to the left, I don't have to
move it back just to demonstrate something to her/him.

On 25 Apr 98, at 12:31, our friend Ray Reyes wrote:

> I've been asked to modify a computer for a person who has impaired function
> in her right shoulder.  She's looking for a pointing device which won't
> require her to move her right arm too much.

Jan Wilson                 /       [log in to unmask]
Corozal Community College / Corozal Junior College
Corozal Town, Belize     /         Central America
Visit our Corozal page  /   http://www.corozal.com
PGP key at keyservers  /  or at [log in to unmask]