Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 23:57:03 +0200
I recently read on this mailing list the instructions to use FDISK /MBR
for removing the Monkey virus. DON'T DO THIS ! ! !

While this is a fine method for most of the boot sector viruses,
according to the documentation by F-PROT, since the Monkey relocates the
FAT, FDISK/MBR may overwrite parts of the FAT.

Use F-PROT /HARD instead (running it from a clean diskette as instructed
earlier).

Hope it is not too late.

Uzi Paz