VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2012 13:40:20 -0700
Hi All,

Normally, when I download books from the National Library Service, the
download takes about fifteen to twenty minutes for a ten- to twelve-hour
recording. As of a couple of weeks ago,however, the downloads have taken
two to four times longer. for example, I've been downloading a
twelve-hour book from BARD for the past hour, and we're finally at
ninety-four percent. The first few times I noticed this, I thought I
must be downloading while the website was extra busy, but since then,
I've also noticed this issue when downloading books from Audible, and
I've noticed the slow downloads regardless of the time of day or the day
of the week. Oddly, the download time for podcasts has suddenly gotten
much faster.

What may be accounting for this change? Is there a setting I can mess with?

I'm using Windows 7 on a netbook.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]