VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Catherine Getchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Catherine Getchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2014 08:02:47 -0400
Hello listers,

I'm the list moderator and want to apologize for a flurry of Vicug-l
messages today after several days of no messages at all.  What
happened is that if more than ten emails a day get sent to the list,
the listserv holds the list to limit the daily traffic.  It emails me
to tell me the list has been held.  I then have to send a command to
the listserv to free it.  Well something happened this time around.
Either it sent me a held notice and I didn't see it, or it didn't send
me one at all.  Not sure which.  I finally got suspicious after a few
days and wondered if the list had been held.  So I sent a command to
free the list, and it has just released 37 messages that had been
held.  Sorry about that!  Hope it was just an oversight on my part and
that it is continuing to send me notice when the list is held.  I'll
be more vigilent from now on.

Cheers,
Catherine

Archived on the World Wide Web at