VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2014 16:59:30 +0000
Hi David,

I'm in the middle of a backup issue at the moment, and see some possible similar issues here.

After a great deal of research regarding external backup drives for our SBS 2011 Server, I ended up with a 2 TB Western Digital drive.  It's in a SATA USB 3 ICY BOX caddy.

That still failed on the Server, so I hooked it up to my Windows 7 Professional system to try back of that system.

What I found was that I had to share the new drive or it would fail.  I thought that was rather odd, but as I say, it got it working.

George.